Let us know if this article was helpful. It would help us improve our content for you and other customers in the future.
!open!This article explains the different roles you can assign to your WiseStamp account users, and how to assign or change them.!/open!
As an admin-level user, you can add, remove, and set roles for other members of your team. Your team can help you collaborate on campaigns, help with integrations, and so on.
You can add team members to your account to help you manage your signatures, employees, campaigns, analytics, etc. Team members do not add additional costs to your account: you should add anybody who can help you manage your company signatures.
Assigning account roles
If you are the account owner, you can invite other users to be account admins. Account admins have permission to add and edit signatures, add and remove employees, and send notifications to employees inviting them to view and update their signatures.
There are two ways to invite someone to be an account admin:
- From your Employee list.
- From Account Users.
To invite an Admin from your Employee list:
- Click Employees.
- In your Employee list, hover your mouse over the person you want to invite and click ...
- Click Invite to manage.
- Select the Role you want to assign them and click Invite.
To invite an Admin from the Profile section:
- Click the Profile icon and select Account Users.
- In the Account users page, click Invite.
- In the Invite user popup, enter the expert's name and email address. Then, select the relevant role from the list.
- Specify whether the user will have access to all company domains or only certain domains by selecting the appropriate radio button.
If you choose Specific domains, select the domains to which you want to assign the Account User.
- Click Invite. The popup will close, and an invitation email will be sent to the new Account User.
!note! Admins are automatically assigned to all company domains. !/note!
!tip! Every email address can only be associated with one WiseStamp account. If your email address is already in use with a different WiseStamp account, and you want to access a second WiseStamp account, you can ask your email administrator to set up an alias address for you so that you can access multiple WiseStamp accounts. !/tip!
Modifying User Access
In some situations, you might need to remove a user from your account or restrict their access. Once Account Users have accepted your invitation to help run the account, you can change their roles at any time by updating user details. Here's how you can do that.
- Click the Profile icon > Account Users.
- Find the user whose access you want to modify.
- Hover over the relevant row and click the Edit icon.
- In the Edit Details pop-up, adjust the permissions according to your preference.
- Click Update to save the changes.
- Navigate to Profile icon > Account Users.
- Locate the user you wish to remove in the user list.
- Hover over the relevant row and click the Delete icon.
- Confirm your action in the pop-up window. The user will be removed from the account, and their access privileges will be revoked.
!note!Be cautious when removing users or altering access, as these actions can affect the user's ability to perform their tasks within the account. Always ensure that any changes made align with your organization's needs and security guidelines.!/note!
Roles and Permissions
WiseStamp user account roles
In order to protect employee privacy and account security, every Account User is assigned a specific role and is, therefore, able to access only portions of the account that are required for their job. For example, your marketing experts need to work with campaigns, while employee details are irrelevant to them.
WiseStamp offers several different roles, to accommodate the variety of functions involved in operating your account. Each Account User can be assigned ONLY ONE of these roles.
We have divided these roles into two categories:
The following roles are available for Account Users who are responsible for the administration or general management of the entire account. These roles are typically assigned to those in charge of account administration or overall management:
|Role||Description / Notes||Permissions Summary|
|Owner||Chief account manager. An account may have only ONE owner||Unlimited access|
|Admin||Assists the Owner with all aspects of account management||Access to all components; cannot perform billing operations|
|Domain Manager||Responsible for all aspects of account domain maintenance. If your company has multiple domains, a Domain Manager can be assigned to one or more domains||Access to all components except for Account details|
The following roles are more limited and are intended for specialists who have specific functions within the account:
|Marketer||Advertising / Promotions management||Access to Campaigns, Analytics, and all aspects of signature design|
|HR||Employee management||Access to employee details, group management and signature assignments|
|Designer||Signature creation, composition and layout||Access to signature editing functions, company details and employee fields|
|IT||Management of employees and company domains||Access to all employee and domain management operations|
You can see a list of Account Users and their roles on the Account Users page. To access this page, click the Profile icon and select Account Users.