Let us know if this article was helpful. It would help us improve our content for you and other customers in the future.
This topic explains how to create a new signature, update a signature and manage signatures in WiseStamp for Teams. We present guidelines, tips and best practices to help you work efficiently and make sure your changes are saved and deployed to your email platform.
Creating a signature
WiseStamp for Teams allows you to create an unlimited number of signature designs for your company. For example, you may want different signatures for employees in the sales department, the billing department, and other departments.
!note! Department categories in WiseStamp are called Groups. To learn more about setting up Groups, see topics about managing groups and departments. !/note!
To add a new signature:
- Click Signatures from the navigation panel, and then click New signature on the upper right corner.
- In the popup, enter a title for the new signature (ex. HQ, Sales team, Summer, etc.), and click Create signature.
The Signature Editor opens, where you can design the signature and add components. A preview on the right side displays the signature, as you work.
- Review the data in the Details tab. The fields are automatically populated with attributes taken from your company and employee data. To edit company and employee data, scroll to the bottom of the Details tab and click the relevant option.
As seen in the preview, WiseStamp automatically turns website addresses, phone numbers, and street addresses into hyperlinks, enabling mail recipients to click on these links.
- If you require a data field not listed under Signature Details, you can create a custom field. For more information, see Adding a new field to the signature.
- Use the other tabs of the Signature Editor to design your signature. This includes adding images, social profile links, call-to-action buttons and other special components. For more information, see Overview of the Signature Editor.
- To save your changes and close the Signature Editor, click Create signature.
!note! You can continue to make changes to the signature at any time. For details, see Editing and Updating a Signature.!/note!
!tip!HyperLinks - WiseStamp automatically turns website addresses, phone numbers, and street addresses into hyperlinks, enabling mail recipients to click on these links.
If your signature details are not hyperlinked, it's possible your emails are set to Plain Text mode. Verify your emails are formatted in Rich Text mode to make the most out of your signature.!/tip!
Working with Signature Quick Actions
Every signature on the Signatures page has an Actions menu in the lower right corner, giving you quick access to the following signature management operations:
- Rename: Allows you to change the name of the signature.
- Duplicate: Creates a copy of the signature, so you can quickly add another signature that is similar.
- Assign to a group: Opens the Groups page, where you can assign a signature to each group.
- Discard draft: Deletes the draft version of the signature. (This action is available only to signatures with drafts in progress.) For more information, see Editing and Updating Signatures.
- Delete: Removes the signature from your list of Signatures.
There is another Actions menu at the top of the Signature Editor that provides some of these options. In addition, you can create a new signature from this menu.
Default signature fields
By default, WiseStamp signature contains the following pre-defined fields:
|Field name||Default value||Type of editing|
|Name||Employee name||Only content|
|Title||Employee title||Only content|
|Company||Company name||Only content|
|Phone||Company phone||Content, order, and label|
|Mobile||Employee mobile||Content, order, and label|
|Website||Company website||Content, order, and label|
|Employee email||Content, order, and label|
Adding a new field to the signature
WiseStamp enables you to add as many fields as you require to your signature. To add a new field, perform the following:
- Open the Signature Editor.
- At the bottom of the Details tab, click Add a field.
- In the popup, select a pre-defined custom field or Custom from the list.
- If you select Custom, the Add a Custom Field popup opens and perform the following:
- Enter the type of data expected for the custom field.
- In the Label field, enter the name of the custom field.
- In a Teams signature, select the source from which the data is populated using the Value taken from list (Company, Employee, or Free text).
- If you select Company or Employee, all available attributes are listed in the field to the right. Select the appropriate attribute from the list.
- Click Done and the new custom field is added to the Signature Details list.
- To save your changes, click Done Editing.
!note! If your employees are using the copy/paste method make sure that every time you edit an employee’s signature you send them an invitation by clicking Invite. If you are using Google Workspace integration, just make sure to tell your employees to refresh their Gmail account.!/important!
Editing and Updating Signatures
Click Edit from the Signatures page to change your signature. This opens the Signature Editor. While editing, it's recommended to use WiseStamp's Draft feature, which lets you save a dedicated version of a signature that is undergoing changes. You can keep working on the draft, with no effect on the currently published version, until you are ready to publish your changes.
Signatures with a draft in progress are easily identified on the Signatures page by the blue bar across the bottom. To switch between the published view and the draft view, click the links provided.
After updating a signature in the Signature Editor, you need to choose whether or not to save your changes. If you do NOT want to keep the changes, click Discard draft.
!warning! Use the Discard action with caution! This will delete the entire draft, not only your most recent changes. !/warning!
If you want to save your updates, click Done Editing. Then, in the popup, select one of the following options:
- If you are happy with the changes and you are ready to apply them to the signature immediately, click Publish Changes.
- If your changes are not final, click Save draft. This saves your updates in a draft version that you can continue editing at any time.
The following are some of the issues that may occur::
|Social links not working||
Verify all social profiles are inserted as a full link in the signature in the following format: https://www.facebook.com/WiseStamp
Without the https:// or http:// prefix, the link will not work and your emails may be filtered as spam by some email programs.
|Changes not displayed in the preview||
If your changes are not displayed immediately in the preview pane, try "rebooting" the Editor by discarding the current draft. Although you will need to recreate your changes afterward, this almost always resolves this issue.
If you are still not seeing updates in the preview, you may have browser issues. Try logging in again using a different browser. For best results, we recommend Chrome.
If switching browsers does not resolve the problem, log out of your account, clear your cache and cookies, and log back in.
|Signature details not hyperlinked||
Your emails may be set to Plain Text mode. Verify your emails are formatted in Rich Text mode to make the most of your signature.