Let us know if this article was helpful. It would help us improve our content for you and other customers in the future.
This article describes the various methods that can be used to connect WiseStamp with Gmail email platform.
!note!This article is for individual user signature deployment. If you want to integrate WiseStamp with your Google Workspace as part of your WiseStamp for Teams account, see Google Workspace Integration.!/note!
Methods to connect WiseStamp to your Gmail account
WiseStamp signatures can be deployed to your Gmail account by three methods:
- Google API (Google Connect)
- WiseStamp Browser (Chrome / Safari) Extension
- Copy / Paste via Gmail setting
Connect with the Google API (Google Connect)
The Google API allows us to insert a signature into your Gmail signature settings by connecting WiseStamp directly to your Google settings. Unlike the copy /paste method of adding a signature to Gmail, using the API does not require any manual updates to your Gmail account. Furthermore, every time you send an email, Google checks WiseStamp for the latest signature, so any changes you make are automatically deployed into your Gmail signature settings.
!note!Keep in mind that the API can handle one email signature paired with one Gmail address. If you need to create multiple signatures, or need to use the same signature with multiple email addresses, see WiseStamp Browser Extension. !/note!
Set up the Google API
To start using WiseStamp with the Google API, follow these steps. If you already have a WiseStamp account, start from Step 3.
- Go to https://webapp.wisestamp.com/ and start designing your signature.
- Once you are done, click OK, I'm Done.
- In the Login popup, click Continue with Google. Follow the instructions on the screen to enable the API connection.
- Once your account is created, the Mail Client Selection screen opens. Select Gmail and click Continue.
If you already created an account using your email address, click Install on the My Signatures page. The Mail Client Selection screen opens.
If you did not connect using your Google account before, you are prompted to connect now. Click Sign in with Google and follow the on-screen steps to sign into your Google account.
- After successfully connecting to your Google account, click Refresh your Gmail or go to your Gmail tab in your browser and click Refresh.
- Your Gmail inbox opens in a new tab or your Gmail tab is refreshed. From now on, every time you compose a new message, you will see your new WiseStamp signature at the bottom of your email.
Using the WiseStamp browser Extension
WiseStamp’s Google Chrome and Safari extensions provides give you with all of WiseStamp’s email signature functionality from your Chrome browser.
In addition, the WiseStamp extensions allow you to:
- Use different signature designs for one email address (multiple signatures).
- Use your WiseStamp signature on multiple email platforms (different email addresses).
- Access the WiseStamp Signature Editor directly from your message box (Gmail).
WiseStamp can provide extensions for the following browsers:
- Google Chrome - Verify that you are using the latest Chrome version for the best integration performance.
- Apple Safari (coming soon)
To install and use the WiseStamp extension, see WiseStamp Browser Extension.
Copy and paste your signature to Gmail
WiseStamp PRO users, can add their signature to Gmail without using the extension by copying and pasting the signature directly into the settings of your Gmail account. However, keep in mind that this solution works for one signature only and is limited in functionality.
To copy and paste your signature to Gmail, see Copy/Paste Deployment.
Gmail signature settings
If you are using the API option to add the signature directly into your Gmail signature settings, you can edit your signature preferences through the general Gmail signature settings.
You can control the following preferences:
|Apply a signature only on new emails
On your Gmail Settings screen, go to the Signature section on the General tab. For the signature defaults, click the ON REPLY/FORWARD USE dropdown list and select No signature.
|Apply a different signature for reply and forward emails (PRO users only)||
Create the signature for reply and forward emails in WiseStamp. On your Gmail Settings screen, go to the Signature section on the General tab. For the signature defaults, click the ON REPLY/FORWARD USE dropdown list and select the signature.
To make the signature appear at the bottom of your personal reply in a long thread and remove the -- from above the signature.
|On your Gmail Settings screen, go to the Signature section on the General tab. For the signature defaults, select Insert signature before quoted text…|
Where to find your Gmail signature settings?
You can access your Gmail settings by using this link your Gmail signature setting or
- In your Gmail account, Compose a new email.
- Click the Pen icon at the bottom of the composer.
- In the list select Manage signatures.
- Click the Settings icon on the right corner of your Gmail account.
- Click See all settings.
- Scroll down until you find the Signature section.
!important!Make sure to click Save changes on the bottom of the Settings page to apply your preferences.!/important!
Disable/enable the signature
WiseStamp allows you to set a default signature that is displayed in every email that you send. But, we understand that sometimes you just want to send a short email without the WiseStamp signature enabled.
In Gmail there are two ways this can be done, based on how your signature was deployed:
- Compose a new email.
- Click the WiseStamp icon at the bottom of your composer (this icon is displayed you install the WiseStamp extension for Chrome ) or click the Pen icon (if you are using the API deployment).
- In the dropdown list, select No Signature.
- This removes the signature from the current email you are writing.
Setting up WiseStamp with the Gmail vacation responder
The WiseStamp for Teams signature can be pasted into the Gmail vacation responder, so you can use it any time you go on leave.
Open your Gmail General Settings page and scroll down to the Vacation responder section. When the signature is pasted, make sure the vacation responder is set to display the message in Rich Text. You can verify that it is in Rich Text when you see the design bar at the top.
Removing your WiseStamp signature
With Google API (Google Connect)
If you connected your signature with Google Connect, you need to remove the Google permissions from the API in order to remove WiseStamp from your emails.
- Open your permissions settings and remove WiseStamp.
- Click on the WiseStamp extension.
- Click Delete all connections you have with WiseStamp, and follow the instructions on the screen.
- You should no longer see the signature in your emails.
With WiseStamp for Chrome extension
To remove the WiseStamp browser extension:
- Click the link chrome://extensions/ to browse your installed extensions.
- Find the WiseStamp extension and click Remove.
- You should no longer see the signature in your emails.
!important!If you still see your signature within your email, make sure that when you open the permissions link, you are signed up with the email address in which the signature is showing. You can check this on the top right-corner icon.
If the email address shown at the top is not the same email address where your signature is showing, then change to the appropriate account by clicking the appropriate email address on the list.
Removing the dashes from on top of the signature
As default, Gmail adds two dashes to the top of the WiseStamp signature. If you wish to remove them, follow these steps:
- Open your Gmail Settings screen, and go to the Signature section on the General tab
- Select Insert signature before quoted text in replies and remove the "--" line that precedes it.
- Click Save Changes.
- Your signature will no longer show the "--" when you compose a new email.
The following are some of the issues that may occur:
|Images are not displayed in new emails||
Verify that Plain text mode is not enabled.
Open a new compose email. Click the 3 dots on the bottom right and clear the Plain text mode option, if selected.
|The signature in my Vacation responder is not formatted correctly||
Verify that your Vacation responder is not set to Plain Text.
Go to your Vacation responder section in your Gmail Settings screen. If Plain Text is displayed, click Plain Text, to change the mode to Rich formatting.