Let us know if this article was helpful. It would help us improve our content for you and other customers in the future.
It does not matter what email client you are using, adding WiseStamp to your MacMail is easy and simple. With our easy-to-follow steps, you can enjoy customized, professional email signatures that effectively reflect your personal or business brand. This article guides you through the steps to add WiseStamp to your MacMail application.
!important!We recommend using Google Chrome browser for this process. Using any other browser may not format the signature correctly.!/important!
Set up WiseStamp for Mac Mail (Pro plan users)
- Sign in to your WiseStamp account.
- Find the signature you would like to add to your Mac Mail and click Install.
- In the pop-up, select the MacMail option.
- Copy your signature by clicking the hyperlink in the instructions.
- Open your MacMail program and go to Mail>Preferences>Signatures. (You can also click ⌘+, to open the settings).
- The signature setting is displayed as a pop-up. Click + on the bottom to add another signature.
- Give your new signature a name. (For example our "Main signature").
- When you make a new signature, Apple automatically fills in a default signature on the right. Make sure to highlight and delete it.
- Clear Always match my default message font. This needs to be cleared before pasting your signature to ensure proper formatting.
Once this option is cleared you can then paste your signature in the far right column.
!important!Notice that the logo image is not actually displayed and is just a square with "photo" written inside. This is normal! The logo will be displayed in your emails.!/important!
- Once the signature is added to the main settings, add it to the specific email address. Click the name of your new signature in the middle column, and drag it to the right side where your email address is listed.
- Click the email address to which you dragged the signature. In order to set your signature to be displayed automatically every time you compose a new email with the selected email address, select the signature in the Choose Signature dropdown below the signatures list.
- Close the settings window (there is no save button) and compose a new email. You can now see your new WiseStamp signature in your email.
Set up WiseStamp for Mac Mail (Teams - automatic solution)
If your company is using WiseStamp for Teams, you can add your email signature to your MacMail application by installing the WiseStamp WiseStamp App for Mac. After this is implemented, your signature is automatically fed to Mac Mail. Every change made to your signature is reflected in Mac Mail once you quit and reload the app.
To add your signature to Mac Mail, perform the following phases:
- Set up your Mac: Add your teams signature and configure system preferences.
- Set up the WiseStamp App: Download and configure the desktop app.
!important! Before you begin, make sure you have received an invitation email from your system administrator. Your sign in code for the WiseStamp App appears in this email. !/important!
Step 1: Set up your Mac
Before downloading the desktop app, make the following changes in your Mac settings:
- Open Mac Mail and go to Mail > Settings/Preferences.
- On the Signatures page, create a new signature named Teams Signature.
!important! This name is case-sensitive and must be copied exactly as written above. We recommend copying the name and pasting it into Mac Mail. !/important!
- After creating the signature, drag the signature to the relevant email account. Then, select the account. At the bottom of the screen, set Teams Signature as the default signature for the account.
- Close Mac Mail completely by navigating to Mail > Quit Mail.
- Click the Apple icon and select System Settings/Preferences.
Then, select Internet Accounts.
- Select iCloud and click Options. On the screen that opens, make sure the Mail checkbox is NOT selected. Then, click Done.
Step 2: Download and configure the WiseStamp App
Follow these steps to install and set up the WiseStamp App on your Mac:
- Download the WiseStamp App for Desktop from the App Store.
- When you are prompted to provide the sign in code, copy the code provided in your invitation email and paste it in the field. Then, click Sign in.
- In the WiseStamp App, select the Use in Mac Mail checkbox.
- Then, on the screen that opens, make sure the Signatures* folder is opened, and click Open.
!note!In case the Signatures folder didn't open by default, see in the next section how to find the correct path. !/note!
- Click the Refresh icon to save your settings.
Find the Signatures folder on your Mac
If the Signature folder does not open automatically, perform the following steps.
- Open the Finder folder.
- Click on your Mac under Locations.
- Click Users.
- Select your own user
- On the top bar, click View -> Show view options.
- In the window that opened, click Show library folder.
- Open your WiseStamp App for Desktop and select Use in Mac Mail. If it is already selected, clear it and then select it again.
- In the pop-up, open the Signatures folder by finding this path: Mac/Users/Your username/Library/Mail/V_/MailData/Signatures/
- After you located the Signatures folder, click Open. The WiseStamp App should indicate that you are now connected to Mac Mail.
- Click the refresh button and open your Mac Mail. If you followed the rest of the Mac Mail installation steps above.
Set up WiseStamp for Mac Mail (Teams - Copy/Paste Solution)
If you do not want the WiseStamp Mac app or unable to install it, you can deploy your email signature using the copy/paste option.
- Open the email invitation from your WiseStamp account administrator, and click the hyperlink to edit your signature details.
- You should see a preview of your signature, click Add to another email.
- In the pop-up, select Mac Mail>Grab your signature.
- In Mac Mail, go to Preferences and click Signatures.
- Click + below (add new signature name) and clear Always match my default message font.
- Select the automatic text (⌘+A) and paste your signature (⌘+V).
!note!Don’t worry, your signature will be formatted as you created it (different than shown on the signature menu).!/note!
- Drag the WiseStamp signature (for example: WiseStamp Sig) to your selected email account (for example: firstname.lastname@example.org) and click on the account. Then select the signature for the selected email account (the same name you created).
- Open your email and compose a new message. Your signature is displayed at the bottom!
Update your signature in Mac Mail
If you or your WiseStamp account administrator made changes to your email signature, follow these steps to push the changes to Mac Mail:
When using the Mac Mail app:
- In the WiseStamp App for Desktop, click the Refresh icon.
- Close Mac Mail completely by navigating to Mail > Quit Mail.
- Re-open Mac Mail and compose a test email.
- The updated signature appears at the bottom of the draft.
When using the copy/paste method:
Repeat the email signature copy/paste process, as described in the steps above.
Disable/enable the signature
WiseStamp allows you to set a default signature to be deployed with every email that you send. But, we understand that sometimes you just want to send a short email without the WiseStamp signature enabled.
To quickly remove the email signature from an email, just compose a new email and select None from the dropdown list on the top right of the email.
The following are some of the issues that may occur:
|Images are not displayed in new emails||
There are two issues that can prevent images from appearing in emails when using Mac Mail:
Both options can be found in the settings, as described below.
For option 1, Plain text is enabled:
If the Rich Text option was already selected, then you should check whether your images are allowed to download: