Let us know if this article was helpful. It would help us improve our content for you and other customers in the future.
If you changed your domain provider or simply wish to make a change in your own domain name, you need to synchronize the new name with your WiseStamp For Teams account. This article explains how to update the domain name or switch the domain provider for integrated and non-integrated accounts.
Update domain name: Non-integrated accounts
If your account is NOT yet integrated with a corporate directory (Google Workspace or Azure AD), you can change the domain name by editing your domain settings.
To update your domain name:
- On the left panel, click Settings and go to the Domain tab.
- If your account has more than one domain, hover over the menu bar and open the domain list at the top. Then click the Settings icon in the row of the relevant domain.
- Go to the Domain section and click Edit.
- In the popup, update the domain name, and then click Save domain.
- The popup closes, and the new domain name is displayed.
Change the domain of an integrated account
The domain name of an account that is integrated with a corporate directory cannot be changed by editing the domain settings. Instead, use one of the following workflows, depending on the reason for the change:
Switch domain provider
If you want to change providers (e.g., Google Workspace to Office 365), you can switch your integration from the old provider to the new one. All company details, employee data, signature settings, etc. will be saved.
To switch your domain provider:
- On the left panel, click Settings. Then, on the right side of the page, click Remove integration.
- From the popup, click Remove Integration.
- If you want to change the domain name, at the top of the Domain settings page, click Edit.
Then, in the popup, update the domain name and click Save domain.
- In the Email Service section of the Domain settings page, select the service relevant for your new domain.
- Reintegrate your account, as described in Outlook 365 Domains Integration or Google Workspace Integration.
Add new domain
This workflow should be performed only when your company is undergoing major changes. The process involves adding a new domain, and if necessary, deleting the old one. None of your account details will be saved. However, you can automatically copy a signature from your old domain to the new domain.
To add a new domain:
- At the top of the menu bar, open the domain list and click Add a domain.
- In the popup, enter the name of your new domain, and then click Save domain.
- Go to the old domain (by selecting it from the domain list in the top left of the dashboard).
- On the Signatures window, select a signature and select Actions>Duplicate. Select the new domain from the domains list.
- Note that you have to add/import your employees list from the new domain and follow the group and assigning signatures process for the new domain.
- Once your new domain is set up, you can delete the old domain (if necessary) by clicking the relevant Trash icon.