Let us know if this article was helpful. It would help us improve our content for you and other customers in the future.
Managing your team's details effectively is crucial for seamless operations and communications. Whether you have a large workforce or a small team, our platform makes it easy to add new employees, update their information, and generate email signatures for them. In this topic, we describe the various methods of adding employees to your account.
!note!This topic is applicable to WiseStamp for Teams users only.!/note!
The first step in creating an email signature for your entire team is to enter the information for your employees, which is then used in the signature creation process.
WiseStamp offers three ways to add employees:
- Synchronizing your Google Workspace or Azure Active Directory: Import the information for all your employees, as well as manage your employee list from your Google Workspace or Azure Active Directory.
- Bulk upload with CSV: Add information for multiple employees simultaneously.
- Add a single employee manually: Add information for a single employee to the system.
Import employees using the Sync method
WiseStamp automatically identifies Google or Outlook365 domains and offers the option to integrate your account with Google Workspace or the Azure Active Directory. Once integrated you can perform the following tasks:
- Import your employee information to WiseStamp
- Synchronize between the WiseStamp employee information and your employee information as it appears in the Directory
- Automatically add new employees or delete employees who are no longer part of your organization
- Deploy your employee signatures into their emails.
When the Sync feature is enabled, information from the directory (such as department, title, phone number, etc.) is synchronized to the relevant fields in WiseStamp. You can select which fields are synchronized from your directory to WiseStamp, and which fields will override existing employee information. To set and control the synchronizing setting, see Synchronizing options and settings.
To import employee information from your Google Workspace
To import your employee information from Google Workspace you need to integrate WiseStamp with your Google Directory.
Follow the instructions described in Google Workspace Integration.
Import employees from Outlook - Azure Active Directory
To import your employee information from Outlook Account you need to integrate WiseStamp with your Azure Active Directory.
Follow the instructions described in Outlook 365 Domains Integration.
CSV bulk upload
Bulk upload allows you to manage information for multiple employees simultaneously. Use bulk upload to easily and efficiently add employees, update information, and remove fields that are no longer relevant.
!important! If your account is already integrated with a directory, you need to make sure your synchronize settings are set to either New Only or None before using bulk CSV upload. See Synchronizing options and settings !/important!
To import employees using a CSV file:
- On the Employees page, click Add employee and then click Upload for bulk uploading from a CSV file. The Import CSV popup opens.
- If you already synchronized your Google Workspace or Outlook Directory or uploaded your employees, we recommend exporting your employee list as a CSV file and then make updates on that file. Select this option by clicking export.
- Open the CSV file and make the relevant changes. You can add employees, update details and remove columns as required.
As you work, keep the following points in mind:
- The email and name columns are mandatory and must be filled in. Emails need to be in the correct email format.
- You may not add new columns. New details need to be added by creating new employee fields in the WiseStamp app.
- You may delete columns. However, deleting rows will NOT delete employees from the Employee list. Employees need to be removed from the WiseStamp app.
- When you finish working on the CSV sheet, save and close the file.
- From the Import CSV popup, click Choose CSV.
- Select the CSV file that you worked on and click Open. The file name is displayed at the bottom of the Import CSV popup.
- Click Next. The CSV file undergoes an automatic validation process. When the validation process is complete, a summary is displayed. If validation fails, the issues are described in the Errors column so you can correct the file and start the import process again.
- If you want the content in the file to replace existing information (in the event that the data does not match), select In case of conflict, overwrite data of existing employees.
- Click Import. A progress bar appears while the data is being imported. When the data is finished importing, a confirmation message appears.
- Click Done. The Import CSV popup closes, and the Employees page refreshes automatically.
!note!In the Bulk upload method, Email and Name are mandatory fields. All other fields are optional and can be filled out later either by the account administrator or by the employees themselves (once they receive an invitation email).!/note!
Importing employees with a CSV in an integrated account:
- Go to Settings.
- Select the Employees tab.
- Review the fields that you want to update by the CSV upload.
- In the Sync column for those fields, make sure that the selection is set to either New Only or None.
- New Only: Data for the field is synchronized for new employees only (i.e., employees who have been newly added to the directory).
- None: Data for the field is never synchronized with WiseStamp (regardless of employee status).
- Resume CSV bulk upload (see above).
Adding a single employee
- On the left panel, click Employees.
- In the Employees page, click Add employee.
- Choose Add manually.
- Complete entering the employee information (please note that Email and Name are mandatory fields).
- Click Add employee.
The following are some of the issues that may occur:
|"Employee already exists" message||
If you're getting an "employee already exists" message when trying to add a new employee, check whether the employee has been archived from your employee list. To display the archived employees, go to the Employees page, click the Archived dropdown list and select Show.
|Employees are not displayed in WiseStamp||
If the administrator panel does not show all your users/employees, verify that your WiseStamp app is allowed permission to your Google or Outlook domain (Google Workspace admin console>Apps>Google Workspace Marketplace apps).