Let us know if this article was helpful. It would help us improve our content for you and other customers in the future.
What is the Google API and how do I use it?
The Google API allows us to insert a signature into your Gmail signature settings by connecting WiseStamp directly to your Google settings. Unlike the copy /paste method of adding a signature to Gmail, using the API does not require any manual updates in your Gmail account. Furthermore, every time you send an email, Google checks WiseStamp for the latest signature, so any changes you make are automatically integrated into your Gmail signature settings.
Keep in mind that the API can handle one email signature paired with one Gmail address. If you're going to be creating multiple signatures, or need to use the same signature with multiple email addresses, please refer to our article about the WiseStamp Extension for Chrome.
Setting Up the Google API
Follow these steps to enable the API. If you already have a WiseStamp account, please start from Step 3.
- Once you complete your first signature, click the green Ok, I'm Done button.
A popup opens, prompting you to create an account.
- Create your WiseStamp account. You can choose to connect with your existing Google account, or you can use any email address you'd like.
- Once your account is registered, you'll be prompted to select a mail program. Make sure to select Gmail from the list. Then, click Continue.
Note: If you created an account previously, open this screen from the My Signatures page by clicking the Install button.
- If you didn't connect using your Google account before, you will be prompted to connect now. Click Sign in with Google and follow the on-screen steps to sign into your Google account.
You'll need to allow WiseStamp access to your Google account in order for the signature to be automatically added to your Gmail signature settings.
- After successfully connecting to your Google account, you will be redirected to the Signature Editor, where you'll be prompted to refresh the Gmail inbox that was just connected to WiseStamp.
After clicking Refresh your Gmail , your Gmail inbox will open in a new tab. Compose a new message and you'll see your new WiseStamp signature at the bottom of your email!