How can I have separate signatures for different email types?
Gmail allows you to assign separate email signatures for new compose emails, and for reply/forward emails. This guide will go through how to set separate signatures when copying and pasting the signatures into your Gmail signature settings.
Note: If you're using the Chrome extension to add your different signatures to Gmail, read our article on how to Assign your WiseStamp signatures to different email addresses.
- First, make sure you're signed up for a PRO account so you can create multiple signatures.
- When you're done creating your signatures click the Update signature button and select the Mac Mail option.
Don't worry, even though it's for Mac Mail you can use it to copy your signature into Gmail.
- Once the signature is copied to your clipboard you can paste it into your Gmail signature settings.
Compose a new email, click the pencil icon, and click on Manage Signatures.
- Click on +Create new to add your newly copied signature into the signature settings.
- Once added you can use the drop-downs to select which signature will shows for each type of email.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page to save the changes.
That's it! Your signature settings will be updated with the next emails you send.