How to set up Employee fields and editing permissions
As the admin of your WiseStamp account, you can manually add personal details for your employees (e.g., mobile number, title, and headshot), or you can have employees add/edit their details themselves directly from their personal My Signature page. This article explains how to manage Employee fields and control which ones employees will be able to edit.
Note: For instructions about adding employee information yourself, see our article How to manually edit the Employee Details section.
To set up Employee fields and editing permissions:
- Open the Domain Settings menu, and select the Invite email tab.
In the Email body section, make sure that the Ask employee to review & edit their details checkbox is selected.
- On the Domain Settings page, select the Employees tab.
- Scroll down to the Employee editing permissions section. From the list on the right, select one of the following permission options:
- All: Employees can edit all fields.
- Custom: Employees can edit selected fields. If you choose this option, specify which fields employees can edit by toggling the checkboxes in the Employee can edit column (see figure above).
- None: Employees cannot edit any fields. You will need to add the information manually (or leave the fields blank).
- If you require additional fields that don't appear in the Field name column, add custom fields by clicking If you require additional fields that don't appear in the Field name column, add custom fields by clicking New Field.
After adding custom fields, you can complete the information in one of these ways:
- Manually fill in the details on the Edit Employee page (Manually editing Employee Details)
- Invite employees to edit their signatures and add their own details (How to activate and invite employees)