Group Policy Instructions for installing the WiseStamp app for Outlook desktop
Follow the procedure below to install the WiseStamp app for your organization. After installing the app, you will need to activate the app on your users' machines either manually (by sending invitation emails) or automatically (by running the Auto Login script).
To perform GPO installation of the WiseStamp app:
- Download the installation file by clicking here.
- Create a new folder and transfer the installation file to that folder. In the example below, we created a folder called Installers.
- Right-click on the new folder and select Properties. In the dialog that opens, select the Sharing tab and copy the full network path.
- In the Server Manager app, navigate to Tools > Group Policy Management and select your domain. Right-click on your domain and select Create a GPO in this domain.
- In the popup that opens, enter a name for your domain and click OK.
- Right-click on the new Group Policy Object you just created and select Edit.
- In the Group Policy Management Editor, right-click in the blank area and select New > Package.
- Paste the network path (see Step 3) into the address bar and then open the installer.
- Select the assigned deployment method, and click OK.
- In the Group Policy Management Editor, right-click on the WiseStamp installer and select Properties.
- In the dialog that opens, open the Deployment tab and select the Uninstall this application when it falls out of the scope of management checkbox. Then, click Apply.
- After installing the app, continue by providing activation codes to your users in one of the following ways:
Send users their activation codes by manually inviting them (from the Employees page).
Important: As the add-on will be installed on your users' machines only after their next restart, we recommend sending the invites 24-48 hours after completing GPO installation.
The invite email login link and login code are valid for 24 hours only.
Automatically add the activation codes to users' machines by running the Auto Login script.