How can I manually activate and invite (send invitation emails) my employees?
By default, employees are automatically activated when they export their signature using the instructions provided in the system-generated invitation email. If you prefer to manually activate your employees, you can do so from the Employees page, with or without sending invitation emails. This article shows you how to:
- Configure New Employee Settings: Describes the settings required for manual activation
- Activate Employees: Presents the two ways you can manually activate employees
IMPORTANT: Keep in mind that each active employee occupies one seat on your account. Before activating employees, make sure you have a sufficient number of free seats. If you have fewer seats than you need, you can upgrade to the next subscription tier.
Configuring New Employee Settings
By default, new employees are assigned an Active status. To change this setting, follow these steps:
- Hover your mouse over the sidebar, and select Domain Settings.
- From the Domain Settings page, select the Employees tab.
- Scroll down to the New Employees section. From the Create employee as dropdown list, select Inactive.
You can activate Inactive employees in either of the following ways:
- Using the Activate function: This activation method changes the employee status WITHOUT sending an invitation email.
- Using the Invite function: This activation method changes the employee status and also generates an invitation email. This email allows employees to edit personal details and export their signatures to various email platforms.
For more information about invitation emails, check our article Invite Email Settings.
Using the Activate Function
The Activate function activates employees without sending invitation emails. You can activate an individual employee, or select multiple employees and activate them all simultaneously.
- To activate a single employee, hover over the relevant row, click and select Activate.
- To activate multiple employees, select the relevant checkboxes. (Selecting the checkbox next to the Employee Name column header selects all the employees.) Then, open the Update Status list and select Activate.
Using the Invite Function
The Invite function activates employees AND sends them invitation emails. You can invite an individual employee, or select multiple employees and invite them all simultaneously.
- To invite a single employee, hover over the relevant row and click the Invite icon.
- To invite multiple employees, select the relevant checkboxes. (Selecting the checkbox next to the Employee Name column header selects all the employees.) Then, click Invite.
After clicking the Invite icon or button, a confirmation popup opens. To send the invitation email(s), click Invite.
IMPORTANT: The status of the employee(s) will change to Active as soon as you click Invite.
Still need help?
If you are having an issue with activating or inviting employees, don't hesitate to reach out to email@example.com.