How do I add headshots to my company signatures?
Employee headshots can give a consistent, professional yet personal feel to your company signatures. This article shows you how to add the Employee Photo placeholder to your Signature Details and describes different methods you can use to upload the photos.
Adding the Employee Photo Placeholder
Follow these steps to add the Employee Photo option to a signature:
- Open the Signatures menu, scroll to the signature you want to update and click Edit signature.
- Under Signature Details, click Upload image and select Use employee photo.
After publishing your changes, a placeholder for the headshot will appear in the signature preview.
After enabling the Use employee photo option, you can use any of the following methods to upload the actual headshots:
- Allow employees to upload their own photos
- Import photos from the integrated directory
- Add the photos manually
Allowing Employees to Upload Photos
To enable employees to upload a personal photo, follow these steps:
- Select the Employee Fields menu (or go to Domain Settings > Employee fields) and verify that the Photo field is enabled for editing.
- Now let your employees know that they can update their signatures:
Open the Employees list and select employees who will get an email inviting them to review and edit their signatures. (The employees you select must have an Active status.)
Then, click Invite.
The employees will be able to click a link in the email to open the My signature page, where they can add a photo to the signature.
Importing Photos from the Directory
If your domain is integrated with a corporate directory (such as Google Workspace or Azure AD), you can upload employee headshots straight from the directory data:
- Open the Domain Settings page, and select Sync settings.
- Under Sync settings, make sure the Photo option is enabled for syncing.
Your Employees list is automatically synced once a day. To start an immediate sync, click Sync (at the top of the Employees page).
Adding a Photo Manually
To upload an employee headshot yourself, follow these steps:
- From the Employees list, hover over the relevant employee and click the Edit icon.
- On the Edit Employee page, click Upload photo and select the image you want to add to the signature.
- Click Save Employee.