How can I add employees and manage their details using CSV upload?
Bulk upload allows you to manage details for multiple employees simultaneously. Use this feature to easily and efficiently add employees, update information, and remove fields that are no longer relevant.
Important: If your account is integrated with a corporate directory, go to Domain Settings and select the Employees tab. Review the fields that you want to update by CSV upload, and in the Sync column for those fields, make sure that the selection is set to either New Only or None.
- New Only: Data for the field is synced for new employees only (i.e., employees who have been newly added to the directory).
- None: Data for the field is NEVER synced with WiseStamp (regardless of employee status).
Using Bulk Upload
Follow these steps to use the Bulk Upload feature:
- At the upper right corner of the Employees page, click Add Employee and then select Bulk upload with CSV.
The Import CSV popup opens.
- For best results, we recommend exporting your employee list as a CSV file and then making updates on that file. Choose this option by clicking export.
The CSV file is downloaded.
- Open the CSV file and make the relevant changes. You can add employees, update details and remove columns as required. As you work, keep the following points in mind:
- The email and name columns are mandatory and must be filled in. Emails need to be in correct email format.
- You may not add new columns. New details need to be added by creating new employee fields in the WiseStamp app.
- You may delete columns. However, deleting rows will NOT delete employees from the Employee list. Employees need to be removed within the WiseStamp app.
- When you finish working on the CSV sheet, save and close the file.
- From the Import CSV popup, click Choose CSV.
Then, in the dialog that opens, select the file that you worked on and click Open.
The file name is displayed at the bottom of the Import CSV popup.
- Click Next.
The CSV file undergoes an automatic validation process:
When the validation process is complete, a summary is displayed. If validation failed, the issues are described in the Errors column so you can correct the file and start the import process again.
- If you want the content in the file to replace existing information (in the event that the data doesn't match), select the checkbox (In case of conflict, overwrite data of existing employees).
- Click Import.
A progress bar appears while the data is being imported. When the import is finished, a confirmation message appears.
- Click Done.
The Import CSV popup closes, and the Employees page refreshes automatically.
For any further questions, please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.