How do I use the Apps tab of the Signature Editor?
The Apps tab of the Signature Editor offers a large variety of addons and special components that you can use to customize and boost the value of your signature. Banners, disclaimers, quotes, and different types of call-to-action buttons are just a few of the options provided. This article shows you how the Apps tab works and describes some of the most frequently used addons.
Understanding the Apps Tab
The Apps tab lists different types of apps (features) that you can add to your signature. To get an instant preview of how an app will look, hover your mouse over it. The following example shows what happens to the signature preview when you hover on Online payments.
To create an app, click the relevant app type. This opens a new page where you specify the app's content and select design details, such as color and size. Clicking the Add button on this page adds the app to your signature. (Some specific examples are shown later in this article.)
Apps that you've added to your signature are listed at the top of the Apps tab, under Your Active Addons. The example below shows four active apps and how they appear in the signature.
The Edit and Delete icons in the row of each app let you quickly make updates to an app, or remove apps that you no longer want to use.
Adding Signature Enhancements
The Enhance Your Signature portion of the Apps tab offers a selection of features you can use to design the look of your signoff, add required content, or simply make your signature more fun.
This app lets you add a disclaimer statement to your signature. Click Disclaimer to open the Add a disclaimer page. You can choose a predefined disclaimer from the list, or select Custom disclaimer to compose your own statement. The settings under Disclaimer style let you choose the color, size and alignment of your statement.
Don't forget to click Add to add the disclaimer to your signature.
This app draws instant attention to your photos, artwork or product line by inserting a series of images into your signature. You can include a catchy title for your gallery and add links to your gallery or any other webpage(s) of your choice.
To use the Image Gallery app:
- From the Apps tab, click Image gallery.
This opens the Image gallery settings page:
- Under Add your images, click the + sign.
A popup opens where you are prompted to select an image. You can use a local file or upload a file from the internet, Facebook, Instagram or your webcam.
- Repeat Step 2 to add more images.
- In the Image gallery field, type a title for your gallery. This title will appear above the images.
- In the Link gallery to URL field, enter the access URL for your gallery.
- Specify links for your images:
When Apply link to all images is selected (blue), the access link for your gallery is applied to each image. When it's NOT selected (as in the example below), you can enter an individual link for each image.
- Drag the Size and Spacing sliders to adjust the size of the images and the distance between them.
- Click Add to add the gallery to your signature.
This popular app lets you design, individualize and even customize your own email closing. For more information, please check our article Polishing your signature with a styled signoff.
Creating Call To Action Apps
The Call To Action addons offer a wide selection of items that prompt your email recipients to perform a specific activity, like make a payment, book a meeting, download an app, and more. You can also use a Call To Action app for advertising purposes, such as publicizing an event or a job opening.
This handy app enables your clients to book a meeting right from their inbox. You can customize the look of the Book a meeting button by selecting its shape, color, icon and more.
To use the Online Scheduler app:
- In the Call To Action section of the Apps tab, click Online scheduler.
This opens the Online Meeting Scheduler settings page:
- Review the selections under Choose Scheduling provider. We recommend using the vcita scheduling solution. However, if you work with another scheduling app, such as Calendly, select the I already have a scheduling provider radio button. Then, paste the access link to your scheduling account in the Scheduler Url field.
- Under Button design, specify the Button text (the words that will be displayed on the button). The default text is Book a meeting.
- Choose a Color and Type for the button. The Type determines the degree of button filling:
- Full: The button is completely filled with the selected Color.
- Light: Only the outline of the button is filled (as in the example below).
- Simple link: The button shape is hidden (no fill) and only the Button text is visible.
- Select a Size and Icon for the button.
- Choose a Shape for the button. (If you selected Simple link for the type, the Shape option is hidden.)
- Click Add to add the button to your signature.
This app allows you to design your own button, for any purpose. You can choose not only the size and color of the button, but also its shape and fill type. For details, please go to Add a Custom Button to your WiseStamp signature.
The Banner app lets you add any image to your signature, and includes a hyperlink option that redirects your email recipients to the landing page of your choice. You can choose from WiseStamp's large selection of pre designed banners, or upload your own. For more information, check our article about Adding a Banner Image.
For any further questions, please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.