How do I use the Custom Button App of the Signature Editor?
This Call-to-action app allows you to design your own button, for any purpose, and add it to your email signature. You not only specify the button's text and target webpage, but you also choose its size, color, shape and fill type. In addition, the Custom Button features an arrow to make it clear to your audience that the button is clickable.
To add a Custom Button:
- In the Call To Action section of the Apps tab, click Custom button.
This opens the Custom Button settings page:
- Under Button details, enter the words that will be displayed on the button (Button text) and the link to the webpage that users will reach when they click the button (Button URL).
- Under Button style, select a Shape for your button.
- The Type determines the degree of button filling:
- Full: The button is completely filled with the selected Color.
- Light: Only the outline of the button is filled (as in the example below).
- Simple link: The button's shape is hidden (no fill) and only the Button text is visible.
- Choose colors for your button. The Color option is for the background, and the Font color is for the text.
TIP: The default Font color is white, so if you don't see any text, select a different color.
- Select the button's Size and Alignment.
- By default, a Custom Button includes an arrow to emphasize that it is a link. If you want to hide the arrow, make sure that the Add arrow checkbox is NOT selected.
- Click Add to add the button to your signature.