What is the Auto Inject setting and how do I use it?
Auto Inject is an Employees menu setting that is available for accounts integrated with Google Workspace. When Auto Inject is enabled, signatures are automatically pushed, or injected, to your employees' email platforms.
Note: Since the O365 integration mechanism does not allow automatic signature push, the Auto Inject feature is not relevant for O365 directories. To enable signature injection, you need to use the Outlook Add-in. Signatures are automatically injected as soon as the add-in is installed.
Auto Inject can be activated only for employees who have an Active status. When the setting is enabled for an employee, the icon in the Auto inject column is colored. An Auto Inject status of NA indicates that the setting is not relevant (since the employee is not a directory member and was added manually).
In this article we'll go over these topics:
- Managing Auto Inject for Active Employees
- Enabling Auto Inject for Inactive Employees
- Handling Auto Inject for New Employees
Managing Auto Inject for Active Employees
If employees already have an Active status, you can manage the Auto Inject setting in either of the following ways:
On the left side of the Employees page, select the checkboxes of the relevant employees. Then, open the Auto Inject list and click On or Off.
Hover your mouse over the row of the relevant employee. On the right side of the row, click the More Actions icon, and then select Auto inject on (or off).
Enabling Auto Inject for Inactive Employees
Since the Auto Inject feature can be used for Active employees only, you will need to first change the status of the relevant employee(s). If you want Auto Inject to take effect immediately, you can make the employee(s) Active and then enable the Auto Inject setting, as described in the section above.
Alternatively, you can send employees an invitation email, from which they can review and update their details before the signature is pushed to the email platform. Follow these steps to use this recommended workflow:
- Go to Domain Settings > Invite email. In the Email body section, make sure that the Ask employee to review & edit their details checkbox is selected. (For more information, check our article Invite email settings.)
- From your Employees list, hover your mouse over the relevant employee and click the Invite icon.
Then, in the popup that opens, click Invite.
As soon as you send the invitation, the status of the employee automatically changes to Active.
- The employee clicks the link in the invitation email and reviews the personal details on the My signature page. When the employee clicks Save & Publish, Auto Inject is automatically activated for that employee.
Handling Auto Inject for New Employees
WiseStamp's New employees settings allow you to choose how to handle implementation of Auto Inject for people who are added to your account through Directory sync.
To configure Auto Inject settings for new employees:
- From the sidebar, select Domain Settings. Then, on the page that opens, click Employees.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, to the New employees section.
- Under Create employee as, make sure that Active is selected.
- If you want employees to review and update their signature details, select the Send employee an invite email automatically checkbox. (Auto Inject will be activated when the employee clicks Save & Publish, as described above.)
- If you want Auto Inject to take effect immediately, select the Auto inject signature checkbox.
(You can select this checkbox regardless of whether or not you send employees an invite email.)
For more details about handling new employees, check our article New employee settings.