How do I change the domain of my account?
If you switch your domain provider or simply wish to make a change in your own domain name, you'll need to sync the new name with your WiseStamp For Teams account. This article shows you how to change the domain name for integrated and non-integrated accounts.
Updating Domain Name: Non-integrated Accounts
If your account is NOT yet integrated with a corporate directory (Google Workspace or Azure AD), you can change the domain name by simply editing your domain settings.
To update your domain name:
- From the menu bar, select Domain Settings.
If your account has more than one domain, hover over the menu bar and open the domain list at the top. Then click the Settings icon in the row of the relevant domain.
- On the right side of the Domain Settings page, click Edit.
- In the popup that opens, update the domain name, and then click Save domain.
The popup closes, and the domain name is changed.
Changing Domain Name: Integrated Accounts
The domain name of an account that is integrated with a corporate directory cannot be updated in the domain settings. You will therefore need to add a new domain, and if necessary, delete the old one. You will be able to automatically copy a signature from your old domain to the new one, so you won't need to worry about recreating your signature's details, design, and apps.
To add a new domain:
- At the top of the menu bar, open the domain list and click Add a domain.
- In the popup that opens, enter the name of your new domain, and then click Next.
- At the top of the Company template window, select a signature to be copied to your new domain. Then, click Copy This Signature to The New Domain.
If you prefer not to transfer a signature to your new domain, click Continue without copying any signature.
- Next, you will be prompted to set up your new domain by providing company details and adding employees.
You can add employees in any of the following ways:
- Manually complete employee details
- Perform a CSV bulk upload
- Integrate your account with Google Workspace or Office 365
- Once your new domain is set up, you can delete the old domain (if necessary) by clicking the relevant Trash icon.