Let us know if this article was helpful. It would help us improve our content for you and other customers in the future.
WiseStamp can synchronize employee fields from your Office 365 / Google Workspace directory. When the Sync feature is enabled, information from the directory (such as department, title, phone number, etc.) are synchronized to the relevant fields in WiseStamp. You can choose which fields are synchronized from your directory to WiseStamp, and which fields override existing employee information.
!note! This article is only relevant to WiseStamp for Teams accounts.!/note!
Where to find the Sync settings?
- On the left panel, click Settings and go to the Employees tab.
- Once synchronized, the Sync setting section appears on the top of the Employee tab.
The following settings options are available:
|Automatic daily sync||Sync daily / don't sync daily|
|Sync employees||Sync all / Sync employees from departments|
|Suspended users||Sync with WiseStamp / Don't sync with WiseStamp|
|Alternate email (alias)||Sync with WiseStamp / Don't sync with WiseStamp|
Selective employee import
Employee import settings are defined immediately after integration with your corporate directory. By default, all employees are imported. However, sometimes it is not practical or recommended to import all employees into WiseStamp. When you set up directory integration, you can therefore choose which departments, organizational units (OUs), or cost centers are imported. After creating the initial setup, you can update synchronizing settings (e.g., add/remove departments) at any time.
!note! Google Workspace users can select employees from Department, Cost Center, or OU.
Microsoft O365 users can select employees from Department only. !/note!
To import only selected groups of employees:
- Select Import specific.
- Click the Import specific user by dropdown list.
- Select Department, Organizational Unit, or Cost Center.
!important! Make this selection carefully, as you will not be able to update your choice from the app settings after the import. !/important!
- Select the departments/OUs/cost centers to be included in the import. The selections displayed match how these entities are set up in your directory.
- After making your selections, click Import.
- The relevant employees are imported and can be viewed in the Employees menu.
!note! Employee data are now automatically synchronized with WiseStamp every 24 hours. New employees added to the selected departments/OUs/cost centers are automatically imported with the daily synchronization. !/note!
Updating selective import settings
You can change your initial settings at any time.
To change your initial selections:
- On the left panel, click Settings menu and scroll to the bottom of the page.
- To add or remove departments/OUs/cost centers, select or clear the relevant checkboxes. Any directory components that have been added since your initial import are available for selection.
- To apply your changes immediately, open the Employees menu and click the Sync button.
Discontinuing selective employee synchronization
If you no longer require selective synchronization, you can select one of the following options from the Settings page:
- Sync all employees: Includes all employees in the daily synchronization, regardless of department/OU/cost center
- Don't sync: Stops ALL directory synchronization (both automatic and manual)
!note! Keep in mind that when you discontinue synchronization, any employees that were previously imported will continue to be displayed in the Employees list, but their details will no longer be automatically updated. !/note!
When you select to synchronize employee fields from your Office 365 / Google Workspace directory, information from the directory (such as department, title, phone number, etc.) is automatically imported into your WiseStamp account. The synchronization process works by mapping, or matching, fields in the directory to the relevant employee fields in WiseStamp.
Sometimes the data that you want to synchronize to WiseStamp does not match the default field mapping used by your directory. If you see any data imported from your directory that is not the data you require, you may need to use Custom Mapping. This overrides the default mapping pattern so the information you want can be pulled from the directory according to your preferences.
To utilize the Custom Mapping feature:
- On the left panel, click Employee fields.
- In the Google / Outlook365 field column, select the Google Workspace / Outlook Azure directory field for each employee attribute.
- Verify the Overwrite column is checked for the columns that changed their mapping.
- Click Sync to refresh the data for the employees.
!note!Overwrite only apply if Overwrite is checked in the Employee details.!/note!.
Default mapping patterns
Every corporate directory type has a default mapping method that it uses to pull fields from the directory into WiseStamp. Sometimes the fields in the directory and in WiseStamp have the same names (e.g., email maps to email), and sometimes the fields are not identical, but similar (e.g., photo maps to employee photo). The following tables list default mapping patterns for some popular directories.
Data Mapping for Google Workspace
|Field Name (Directory)||Field Name (WiseStamp)|
Data Mapping for Office 365 (Azure Directory)
|Field Name (Directory)||Field Name (WiseStamp)|